Welcome, clarify and deepen a desire
You carry the desire to let yourself be guided by Christ, by the Word of God
You thirst to put yourself at the service of others, especially the poorest, the most vulnerable
You feel attracted to crossing borders
You want to participate in the respect of the dignity of every person
You are inhabited by the values of proximity, simplicity, justice, and you would like to share them with others
Have you thought that religious life can be a life path for you?
deepen a desire
Becoming a Daughter of Jesus
STAGES OF FORMATION
a journey in several stages to grow in inner freedom following Jesus Christ.
A journey that promotes an integral, human and spiritual formation.
This stage, between 6 months and 2 years, allows you to go further in the “Come and see“
- by getting to know one another better,
- by living in a community to share daily life, prayer life and mission
- by participating in certain courses or sessions
- by continuing an accompaniment
- by intensifying your relationship with Christ
- by deepening the spirituality, the charism, the story of the Daughters of Jesus in its international dimension
- by discovering and experiencing the evangelical meaning of the vows of obedience, poverty, and chastity as well as fraternal life in community
- by participating in meetings, sessions with novices from other congregations,
- by living different apostolic experiences
The novitiate is international. It takes place in a country of the Congregation, currently in France.
At the end of the novitiate, the first commitment is lived by the vows of obedience, chastity and poverty, by being sent to a community.
The stage of being a temporary professed sister begins.
TEMPORARY PROFESSION OR JUNIORATE
- fraternal life in community
- professional experience,
- a time of study,
- preparation for final vows
At the end of this stage, DEFINITIVE (Final) COMMITMENT is celebrated:
a Daughter of Jesus forever at the service of the Church and the world.
In the Congregation, with the sisters and associates, the life project of each Daughter of Jesus is “to Honour the Sacred Humanity of the Son of God”, to enter into the dynamism of the Spirit of Jesus, to continue in today’s world what our Founders began.
Animated by the fire of charity, “In our concern for human development according to the Gospel principles, we collaborate with others to build a world of greater justice and brotherhood where the freedom and dignity of all will be restored”. (Rule of Life n°10)