Yvette Le Bris
gives us an echo of the recognition shown
by the parish of Saint Avé (Morbihan)
for the presence of the Daughters of Jesus
from 1887 to 2014.
In 1887, the Congregation of the Daughters of Jesus of Kermaria founded a community in Saint Avé. 2014 saw its closure. Sisters Marcelle Cottais, Anaïse Jégousse and Yvette Le Bris have gone to join other communities.
Thanks to generous donors, the first sisters opened a girls’ school when they arrived. They lived among the people. Over the years, by their welcome, their friendship, their listening, they forged links. Through their work with the ill, in parish activities and associations, by their presence to families and with children, they lived out to their best the charism of the Congregation : “to Honour the Sacred Humanity of the Son of God”. It is this that the people recognised and wanted to honour with a Mass of thanksgiving and day of celebration. They wished to show their recognition and to be faithful, in their own way, to what had been given to them.
We in return have been very aware of their kind gestures, and how the cooperation one with another as well as their availability, work and time spent, all contributed to a successful day. We are leaving a lively, open and prayerful parish and we would be very satisfied if, at the suggestion of our interim parish priest, the vicar general Maurice Roger, a gro up of lay associates could be put in place to continue to live out the charism.
chaplain at the E.P.S.M. (1)
situated in the parish of Saint Avé,
is willing to accompany it.
The sermon preached at the Mass by Father Maurice Roger expresses all this at greater length and much better. (We lack the space to publish it.) We thank him and all those who were with us on the 14 September 2014.
Sister Yvette LE BRIS, dj
(1) Public Mental Health Establishment