To mark their ten years of Religious Life, Estelle, Isabelle, Hélène, and Blandine, Daughters of Jesus in Africa, experienced the grace of living an Ignatian Retreat. It took place from 17 to 24 June 2018 in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
This experience of meditation, re-reading, and sharing, has re-energized our journey following Christ.
A spiritual experience that allowed us to :
- Know the Lord more deeply and to recognize all that he gives us in our daily lives.
- Recognize the beauty of Religious Life with its shadows and its highlights in “living together”.
- Re-tune the strings of our harps: fraternity, prayer, and mission.
- Discover that in moments of difficulty, we grow humanly and spiritually.
Renewed, energized, fortified :
After the experience of this retreat, we feel called to:
- Become more and more “Daughters of Jesus” in order to continue the work of our predecessors with the most disadvantaged.
- Build fraternity.
- Live with Christ an Alliance of Peace so that we may honour the Sacred Humanity of the Son of God in our daily lives.
- Rest attentive to what is happening around us in a tumultuous world and to carry it in our prayers.
“What happiness, Lord, to respond in secret to the calls you make in our hearts! “
“What happiness to serve you!”
“My heart will live for the Lord
Yes, I will live for the Lord!”
Life and happiness to those who seek God.
Sr Estelle Koffi dj